Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What is it / and Reagan Park

Can't figure out why my trip to the National Association of Broadcasting show in Vegas has affected me so much. Up until yesterday I was in a semi fog and finally today I feel back to normal. Must be an age thing. In my 10-12 years going to the show I've never felt the way I have when I came back.

In other news, went to Reagan Park last night and it was bone dry and fast with only a couple of wet spots, so get out there and ride. I wonder if Findley State Park is dry enough to ride.
I'm as ready as I'm going to be for Cohutta on Saturday, leaving early Friday and meeting Ross and Tif at the check in. Lots of gravel road climbs and sweet single track with a 3 mile road climb right off the bat to spread the field. There's 23 in the Masters category by far the largest field in my category at any race I've been in the last 3 years. Shooting for top 5.
Installed a carbon fork and Sauserwinds S-works tires on the Orbea and the difference is incredible. The fork is 1.5-2 inches higher than my old fork but it handles bettter on the turns and I can lean the bike a little more with the new tires. Did everything I could to fall last night at Reagan and the bike handled a 100% better than with the old fork carving the turns and soaking up all the bumps and roots with ease.

Later, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment