Monday, April 26, 2010

Good news

Visited the Ortho this afternoon and the good news are that I don't need surgery. He moved my arm all over the place and said it feels very good. It is very sore when I lift it and move it. He wants me to keep the arm in the sling for the next 3 weeks and exercise it several times a day and then I can start rehab. I'm setting up the bike on the trainers and do at least an hr a day for the next 3 weeks. I do have to watch my right knee, it is still very sore and swollen but feeling a lot better. Don't know when I'll venture out and ride off road again but with a new bike coming at the end of May I'm sure it won't be long before I'm back at it. I wonder how I'll feel and ride, will I take chances again, brake a lot on the downhills, dismount and walk over some obstacles that I rode over before. Only time will tell I guess. As I write this with my arm out of the sling I can feel my arm getting stiff and the need to strech it. Lots of road riding the next two months and then decide if I'm strong enough to do ORAMM again in July.
As I expected I'm not even at work and I'm already getting messages like this one,

I'm sure more will come. At least the rider has a helmet on.

No comments:

Post a Comment