Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Down the...

Down the drain, more like, down the outhouse hole.


Todays commute didn't start out well. I was out the door at 4:50am which is 10 minutes earlier than usual. Almost 15 minutes down the road I went to grab a drink and guess what, no bottles. I turned around and went back home to get the bottles. It's a two hour commute to work and none of the water spickets in the metroparks are open yet, I had to go back. Now I'm rushing and since it's warmer I'm drinking more Hammer Heed and it makes me go. The second time I stopped I took my winter gloves off and dropped one down the *&%$#@ outhose hole at one of the metroparks outhouses. I got so mad I threw the other one in the hole and rode out of there as fast as I could. It was almost like "fire in the hole"


The infamous outhouse.

Made it to work with plenty of time to spare. Cleaned up changed got ready to eat breakast and spilled coffee all over my desk and papers. This time I was cool and collected, cleaned it up got another cup and sat down to eat and answer e-mails. The rest of the day went well, had plenty to do. The ride home was uneventful and warm. I didn't bring my short sleeve jersey and the arm warmers and had to wear my long sleeve winter jersey. I was surprised It had to be at least mid 60's and most riders I saw were wearing tights and jackets. You get a couple of days in the 80's and the slighest cool weather brings out the coats again.

On another note my back has not been doing well lately and when I ride my hard tail off road I spend a couple of days in pain. I've been debating whether I should get a full suspension bike or not. I received an e-mail from Orbea advertising a blowout frame sale of up to 50% off. I usually just delete the e-mails they send, this time I opened it and found a sweet deal on a full suspension frame at almost 50% off. Called Dan at the store and the rest is history. Now I just need to keep on doing spin classes to buy all the parts I need and pay the frame. Home equity lines are good.
Isn't it a beauty, 3 inches of travel which is what I like not the 5 or 6 most full suspension bikes have these days. I'll try to buy the lightest parts I can afford and my back will be taken care off.
Ended up with 63 hilly miles and 3:45 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment