Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th morning commute

I love riding early in the morning. Out by 5am, met Tom near my house and we rode together for about 45 minutes. He was getting his ride in early. There was a lot of criters out doing their thing this morning. The skunks were blooming and the silly wabbits are starting to come out as well. A couple of birds swoop down I guess to see what was going by. I've had a few encounters with birds lately. Last week I was almost finished with my ride and I heard a noise right next to me and it was two geese coming in for a landing their wings weren't any farther that 2 feet away from me. It was great I was mesmerized seeing them so close to me. Didn't even think about trying to pull the camera out.
That's another issue I have when I write in this blog, it doesn't feel right to just write and not post pictures. I don't have any and I left the camera at home so no pictures on my way home either.
Overall a good ride in today, no "close encounters of the car kind". Early in the morning drivers are a little more polite than later in the day. 30 miles 1 hour and 50 minutes. I'm taking the longer route this afternoon. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment