Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Race Down Under

This race report is from the Land Down Under. I work in International Sales and often e-mail back and forth with my counterparts on the other side of the world. Riley is my counterpart and friend from one of my accounts in Australia. He took on running recently and asked me for some tips. I gave him some tips and the rest was up to him. This was to be his first running race ever.
It was a 13km race. He trained hard and did great even pushing the pace during the last 3 km's.
Now he's hooked and even plans to train for a half marathon. It happens to all of us.
The race had over 30,000 runners as you can see below. Riley is in the green with his two running mates below. And he even used Hammer gels on my advise and says they worked. That Hammer stuff is great.
Great job my friend and cheers, have a Foster on me or whatever beer you like, you earned it.
What can I say, I'm an International coach now, highly recognized in the Land Down Under.



Guys you are supposed to have a nice sun tan. It's summer there you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment