Friday, August 20, 2010

Good week

For the first time all summer I feel I had a good week of workouts or at least doing something everyday.
I'm not training for any particular race, I'm just riding and enjoying the bike.
Since my son is getting married tomorrow, it was time to get up early again and ride in to work. Last two half day Fridays for the summer counting next week. I'm going to miss half day Fridays.
Nice ride in again, beatiful morning temps in the mid 60's had me riding a litttle harder than I wanted to but the legs felt good so, why not.
Now that the Thursday spin class for the people doing the rec ctr try is over, I'll be riding in to work at least 3 times a week and am even going to try back to back to back rides. I need the miles for the Gap ride in Georgia. On a normal day that's a 65 mile commute, but I'll be putting in at least one longer day of 70-80 miles with plenty of hills depending which route I choose to go home.
This will give you an idea of what I'm in for:
The Six Gap Century’s ultra challenging route takes you up and down six of the steepest climbs in the North Georgia Mountains. Test your stamina with more than 11,200 feet of vertical climbing over the 104 mile course. Elevations for the six gaps in this ride range from 1,400 feet to 3,460 feet. The toughest climb, Hogpen Gap, will test even the strongest riders, averaging a 7% grade for seven miles, with sections as steep as 15%.

Ouch, it is going to hurt doesn't matter how many hills I climb around here.
Let you go, need to get to work, plenty to do.
Have a great weekend enjoying your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment