Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rain, Hard Rain

Went out for a ride at 6pm. Took the back roads by Valley City and on the way back started sprinkling and instead of going back the short way, I took the chance that I was going to have enough time and took the long way. Well, I was riding when that mini storm with rain and winds hit. I had to keep both hands on the handlebar or risk being blown off the bike. I almost did hit a ditch when I was trying to put on my rain jacket while riding with no hands. It was ugly for a few minutes, too bad I didn't have the camera. I don't know how it was by the house but where I was I swear I got hit with mini hail stones. Never stopped just kept going until the rain stopped and the wind really picked up. At one time I thought the wind was going to pick me up and take me hang gliding. Coming back the wind was in my face and it was all I could do to keep going. Made it to the car got home changed and ate everything in sight. Tomorrow is a rest day which comes just in time, I have dead legs. Thursday I got a sub for my spinning class and I'm riding to work. Have to take advantage of the good weather, rain tomorrow and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment