Friday, March 6, 2009

The EKG

It was the fastest EKG ever in my life. I remember when I was at the hospital with Reumatic fever, joints all swollen could hardly walk or move they rolled this huge piece of machinery and it was the EKG machine. It's amazing what modern technology has achieved. The EKG machine wasn't bigger that a laptop. She hooked me up and it was done in less than 10 minutes. I got up at 6am an even after an hour of being up and walking around my resting heart rate was 45. A couple years ago I got it down to 38. The nurse was amazed. I guess it came out ok.
Did my spinning class today wishing I was riding outdoors, 64 degrees and windy. Tomorrow is supposed to rain but it's going up to the low 60's so I'm riding. Mountain bikes to the boat docks again. That's a 42 mile round trip all flat on the bike path since it's going to be raining.
Last night it was Hinckley lake for 6 laps good for 20 miles. Good place to train with a little bit of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment