Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring?

The temps today were perfect for a long ride. I went out around 1pm and the rain had stopped and even the sun peaked though the clouds a couple of times. What a difference six days make. Last week I fried myself in 25 degree weather and 30-35 mile an hour head wind, same route different result. This time I had a tail wind and 60+ temps. Last week I averaged 13.5 miles an hour this week is was 17.5 riding the mtb out to the boat docks in Rocky River. Tail wind going out means a head wind coming back. As you can see the flags are still stiff as a plywood but going the opposite way as last Sunday. 3:45 last week, 2:48 today. With the wind on my back I decided just to ride tempo for an hour. The only thing is with the warmer temps. out come the walkers.
By the way I ride the all purposse trail when I ride the mtb. I just don't feel right riding the mtb on the road. Anyway between Berea and the Farview Park bridge it was a good ride with hardly anybody on the path. The closer I got to Lakewood the more people I found on the path which makes you slow down and take off many times. Tomorrow is supposed to rain again hopefully I'll be able to ride for a couple of hrs in the afternoon.




They were out in full force today.
Remember this pond was frozen solid last Sunday? See last Sundays pictures.

To each its own. Can't see myself fishing unless I have a spear gun in my hands. But if you like it more power to ya. Maybe I should take on fishing just to relax, hmmmmmmmm.

Met with Ken, Karen, Bob, Maggie, Henry and Rick at Ken's new Fresh Start restaurant in Downtown Chagrin Falls. Great place great food. Stop by sometime they are open for breakfast and lunch Sunday through Wednesday, the rest of the week they are also open for dinner.
Aterwards we took a walk to the falls and I snapped a picture. I'm planning on going there again soon I'll try to get better pictures.



Hinckley lake before Thursdays ride.






No comments:

Post a Comment