Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mid-Ohio road race

Today I went down to the Mid-Ohio race track for a road race. Bob and Ray also made it down. What a great place to do a road race, 2.5 miles around and no traffic. I guess about 30-40 riders in the 4-5 category. A few very short little hills that really hurt after 30 miles. 15 laps 37 miles total. A couple of sweeping right to left turns at 30+ an hour. It started with a gradual climb that got a little steeper as we climbed. The first few laps where slow and as usual in a 4-5 race, no organization. After a few more laps a small break of 5 riders formed and slowly very slowly pulled away. I have never seen such a slow break get away and stay away for so long. Bob tried to pulled them in a few times and few more of us tried a couple of strong pulls but by the time we started working together it was too late. After the pace picked up we were shedding riders on every lap every time we went through the start finish area because that's were the first gradual climb started and that's where I was hurting the most. Everything there it's either going up or down, nothing is flat. With two laps to go I told Bob to go strong that I was done. Somehow I found the strength to hang in there and out kicked one rider on the final lap at the end. Bob and I
finished in the top ten

Bob and his Vette
After the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment