Monday, September 28, 2009

What a difference

What a difference a week makes. Last week I fought anemia the whole week and I thought I was going to have to go to the doctor since I wasn't feeling any better by Friday. Saturday I was up at 5am and by 5:30 I was at the soccer fields setting up the goals, by 8am I was at the Rec. Ctr for my two spinning classes and an hr worth of weights after the spinning classes. That was just what I needed to get me going, although I didn't do anything yesterday since I had some house chores to do. As soon as the alarm went off this morning at 4:08 I was up and going. Felt good to get up without having to fight yourself and re-setting the alarm to get up later. Tomorow I'm starting to swim again and ease myself into the off season. October will be an easy month and then 6 weeks to get ready for two weeks of riding in warm weather when I go to Puerto Rico to visit my parents in December. I want to do some hard rides while I'm there to get ready for my first race next year, the Cohutta 65 miler. Hopefully I'll come back in one pc and no broken bones.
Fall is finally in the air. I do love this time of the year, riding through the metro parks and watching the leaves change from green to amazing colors. It is a beautiful display of Gods creation.

1 comment: