Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reagan park Time Trial

120 racers showed up today for the Time Trail, the race of truth, just you against the clock. The team did really good at the race with top 5 placings in the expert, expert vet and sport categories against good competition. The best race was the expert under 35 where Steve finished second only one second behind Dave Walker. I started a little too fast and before I exited Reagan I had caught 3 riders. I missed the turn across the street and took the wrong line coming around a corner to cross a bridge and yes, I went down, the dirt is my friend. But it felt like slow motion going down. Got up and kept going. Coming to the gravel road section around the soccer fields I was over heated and had to slow down a bit and a rider passed me here. It was the only rider that passed me the whole race but I managed to pass him back on the Hoffman side of the trail. He was fast on the straight aways but very slow on the twisty techy stuff. Going out too fast cost me but that's the name of the game, if you don't try it you never find out if you can do it. That's why I like endurance races over short races, going ten miles at oxigen debt it's not my type of race but like I said before, sometimes you just have to get out of your comfort zone and "just do it". No pictures, my camera ran out of batteries as soon as I turned it on.
My time was 50:44 on a fully rigid single speed, it beat me up but I loved it and I have another scar on my shin to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment