Monday, January 5, 2009

Today was a good day

It had been at 9 days since my last day off, so I took yesterday off and it refreshed me. I usually take Wednesdays off but I was trying to take advantage of the holidays. Didn't sleep well last night but when the alarm went off at 4:06am I was up with no problem. 50 minutes later I was done. upper body weights, plyometrics and lots of core work. I have a bad back and core work is important. If it wasn't cause of it, I don't think I would be able to ride as much as I do. I already had to stop running because of the pounding my back takes during running.

In the pm I do the trainer. Mondays is one of the hardest days of the week.

10 minute warm-up

5-4-3-2 of 30 seconds trying to reach the highest heart rate I can, 30 seconds off

That's 5 minutes, 4 minutes and so on with 1:30 off after every set.

After that is 5 minutes recovery and then 5 x2 minutes max and 2 minutes recovery. By the last one I'm almost begging for mercy and my mind is telling me it's ok to stop now. 10 minute cool down, strech and I'm ready for dinner.

Tools of the trade, my trainer bike on the trainer.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day, 3 spinning classes, one in the morning and 2 in the evening. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm a spinning instructor. That's how I get to buy all my cycling needs, plus I'm doing something I like. Better get ready, spend time talking with the other half and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment