Friday, January 2, 2009

First One

Well, I finally created a blog (if you can call it that)
This is all new for me so be patient for a long time while I try to to get a handle on this blog thing.
I read a few cycling blogs and I thought it would be fun to create my own. I commute to work 2-4 days a week March through October hence the name of the blog "Tales From The Commute"
My commute is 64 to 75 miles depending which way I go home in the afternoon. Sometimes is a
"nice' commute others it's just a drag. So I thought that writing down the days commute would be fun. For all of you that commute to work, you know what I'm talking about, all the things you see and feel. You see a car coming and you feel a beer bottle, a pop can and many other things. and that's only when you see the car coming, what about when you don't see them. Oh, I forgot hear too, like blowing the frigging horn next to you and telling you to ride the path. well excuse me and bite me too you ignorant. This time of the year is fun to ride outdoors, they don't know if you are waving at them or giving them the bird if you wear mittens. Which I do must of the time since my hands suffer a lot, just like my toes that's why I bought the Pearl Izumis winter shoes. Best winter shoes I ever had, I rode Thursday January1st for 1.5 hrs in 28 degree weather plus a little wind and when I got back home my toes where just getting cold. In the past, wearing my Sidis winter shoes my toes where toast, I mean ice blocks after a half hour on the bike, which leads to a very uncomfortable ride.
Well I think I wrote enough for my first post. I need to learn how to download pictures and whatever other things you do in a blog. The blog will look better as the days go by.

The commuter

1 comment: