Saturday, January 10, 2009

Races

My first race this year is April 25 in Tennesse called the Cohutta 100 but I'm only doing the 65.

It's two races in one, 100 and 65 miles off road. Lots of climbing and forest roads, but it also includes about 35 miles of sweet single track. My plan is to do 2-3 65 milers and a few shorter ones for training. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up the whole season. The last two years were washouts. In o7 I had a hernia and a torn muscle in my hip that never got better because I never stopped riding. And last year in June I got hit with walking Pneumonia and anemia at the same time and it really got me good. I tried to come back too hard too soon and paid the price. All I could do was ride for fitness and fun, which isn't bad.

I'm also planning a trip to Colorado and Wyoming at the end of July to race the Laramie Enduro a 70 mile off road race that starts at 7,000 feet altitude and goes as high as 8500.

The final race is in October in my home town in Puerto Rico and it's a 12 hr. off road race.

I'll have my schedule finalized soon, in the mean time, dream of warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment