Sunday, November 29, 2009

Clean up in aisle 5





Spent a couple of days this weekend hanging Christmas lights and cleaning downstairs.  I have to admit that I haven't kept the basement in order for a long time, I have bikes and bike parts all over the place. Finally I put a top over the old dresser to make it a bigger area to work on but it didn't take long before there was no area to work on. I did make room for the bikes (see picture) and moved a few things around. I'm hoping to finish cleaning and make it look good by the end of this week after I buy a peg board to hang all my tools. But before I do that I think I should finish patching up the hole in our bathroom by the baseboard. I started working on it just a couple of years ago and haven't finished it. When we moved to this house we did a lot of work and finished everything as fast as we could but now it's like, I don't want to do anything else but ride. I cut the grass and do the trimming to keep the yard looking ok and that's about it. All that stuff takes time away from riding.




Anyway, on another subject, if you haven't made it to Findley State park you may have lost your window of opportunity. The snow and rain we got Friday morning didn't even make it there. I went again today in the afternoon after Church and it was completely dry and fast. As you can see my bike hardly has any mud on it, but the tires. I changed the riser handlebar to a flat carbon fiber bar the Jeff had given me and I felt more in control of the bike. This bar is also a full 3.5 inches shorter, the bike handled better. All I need now is a bit longer stem to see if that makes me feel more at home on the bike, there's times I feel I'm riding a cruiser bike. I was going to ride early in the morning with Ken and the gang but I didn't feel very good when I got up this morning and went back to bed to get some rest. I've been getting up early and going to bed late and it finally caught up to me. I felt a lot  better in the afternoon, specially after been able to put in two laps on the dirt with just one more day left in November. Can you believe that Tuesday is already December. Here's is hoping we don't get to much rain this week.
Thanks for reading, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment