Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rainy days on Wednesdays make me cry, blowing bridges and 40 years of bliss

Left the house this morning for my bicycle commute at 5:20am in a very light drizzle. I kept trying to convince myself to turn around and just drive to work. I kept going, the drizzle intensified but not hard enough where I had to stop to put my raincoat on. My team vest was enough to keep me dry. Roads got really wet but by the time I got to the bridge that those nuts wanted to blow up (more on that later) the drizzle had stopped and the sun was starting to show up over the horizon, what a great sight. To finish off the morning commute, I got a flat one mile from work but still in the park roads. I pumped it trying to nurse it all the way to work but had to change it. That's ok, the sun was bright and the morning was turning beautiful. Made it to work safe and I'm happy I kept going, if I didn't I would have regreted the whole day.
****************************************************************************************
Now, the FBI uncoverd a plot to bomb the route 82 bridge over the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation area by 5 nuts.
http://www.newsnet5.com/generic/news/local_news/oh_cuyahoga/in-depth-bridge-bomb-plot

This is the bridge I drive or ride over everyday on my way to work. What really goes through somebodys mind in order to do this? You have to be really sick mentally thinking that by blowing up a bridge you are going to force the government into something you want...sick, very sick.


******************************************************************
Now for some good news. Today marks 40 years my wife and I have been together, I was 17 she was 15 and we've been married 33 years and I wouldn't change a thing. I've been the greatest husband a woman can ever want, i fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee. My ears are ringing right about now.
Have a great sunny day.
Get out and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment