Friday, December 4, 2009

Week in review

Haven't had time or haven't made time to write anything, take your pick.
Have had a decent week in terms of training...done something everyday if you can call that training. I decided that the official training season will start in PR when we go down to visit my parents. Yeah yeah, I said that training was going to start in November, well it did, it just didn't officially start as organized with a purposse I want to do this kind of training. For November, I did hit the dirt quite a few times do to the nice weather and that's a plus since I hate muddy trails and getting mud all over. The summer of 198? (can't remember) still haunts me. That summer I raced almost every weekend going to WV, PA whatever races we had here in OH and all over and they all were wet and muddy. Many rear derraileurs and many other parts left me broke and with countless "discussions" with the wife on why I needed this or that. Didn't spend that much time with the kids either since I was always racing or fixing the *^%(^ bike which I regret...all of you racers out there that have little ones, spend all the time with them that you can now because they grow too fast and you are going to be left wondering " where did time go". Enough of Doctor Phil and Oprah time, back to bike realted training. Anyway, since that time I've had a couple of part time jobs where I make enough money to buy almost everything I need. I was a soccer ref and I still do a lot of spinning classes during the cold months thanks to the Rec Ctr where I live.
I started running again and have been running 2-3 times a week on the treadmill for 25 minutes each time and will be increasing to 30 minutes soon. I'm taking it real easy I don't want to get hurt again. Last year i was running hard, my times were starting to come down and hurt my back. Before I was a cyclist I was  runner and once ran a mile in 5:35. May not sound that fast these days but when you are a distance runner it makes you feel good. I once ran a 10k in under 39 minutes, but doing ruing races it's not for me anymore, I just run because I like and it gives me something else to do besides doing the trainer for an hour or longer every night,
it gets old, really old after a while.Anyway, back to vacation talk, I'm planning on putting in at least 200-300 miles during the two weeks we are going to be in PR. That's a good mid-winter goal, I think. I'm just going to try to do a few long distance rides to start building the endurance toward the first race next year (Cohutta)
plus a nice long weekend at the end of March in Asheville, NC. Hopefully we'll have a decent winter where I can do long rides on Saturday and Sunday starting in January without having to wear 20lbs of winter clothing and still freezing your *&#@ toes and fingers. I don't know if any of this crap makes sense, I just write what comes to my mind which isn't much these days. Anyways, My dad is 91 years old and that makes me wonder if I'll live that long and if there'll be a 90+ plus division at the NEO series, Kevin, I think you should start thinking about the 3 wheel division now. Talk about the NEO series click here and see what the gang has been doing at the Vultures Knob roost. The place is going to be awesome to race at with all the stuff they are doing there.
This just in, my cuby hole finally looks like a cuby hole, the boxes are gone. I don't know what I'm going to do with all the space I have now.

Enough rambling, blabering, nonsense whatever you want to call it, I've taken to much time from work writing this nonsense. I'll be working through brakes and lunch to make up for it. i'll come back for more nonsense later. And I don't have time to edit all my mistakes, so live with it until I have time to look them over.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment