Monday, September 5, 2011

Manatoc weekend

As usual we had a very dry hot Saturday and rain came overnight and got the course wet and muddy. The races went on without any problems and everyone seem to be satisfied.




Saturday was the cross and kids races and the people involved in putting them on did a fantastic job. Both the cross and kids courses were new this year and everybody I talked to loved the design. Demo bikes were on hand from Specialized, Felt, Raleigh, Kona, Planet Bike, Jamis, Yeti and a few other vendors. Saturday we had close to a thousand people come to participate in the events and ride the trails that are open only once a year for this event. I only have a few pics, I had no time to take many as I was working the gate.
Next is the Westbranch Enduro, come on out and try it. Next for me is the Grampian Challenge. Hoping to do well in my age group. This is where my road skills as a wheel sucker are going to come in handy with 30 miles of double track/gravel roads and the last six miles of single track. I'm thinking about putting cross tires on my mtb but with the single track coming at the end I'm not sure that would be a good idea since I haven't ridden the course before. 1.95's front and back is probably going to be my set up for this race. 3 more weeks of hard training and then easy until race day.
Friday is traveling day, heading to DC to watch my niece compete in the DC TRI on Sunday. Saturday is going to be the most relaxed century I have ever done. I say relaxed because most centuries i have done are at almost race pace or something similar where there's a lot of hurting. I'm taking my time to enjoy this one, the Civil War Centuty
This century goes through all 3 Civil War Battle fields in and around Gettysburg, Md. I've never had the chnace to visit any of them and I'm looking forward to this.
Hope you had a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment