Friday, June 24, 2011

Yes, no, yes, finally a big NO

Every 2-3 Fridays I'm the long hours person in the office (we get Friday afternoons off during the summer) Today is my Friday and not needing to be in the office unti 8:30 I slept in until 5am. wohooo.
Got up looked outside, cloudy but dry. weather said "morning showers". Got dressed, stuffed the backpack with everything I carry, open the garage door and I'm standing there for what seemed like minutes looking at the pouring rain and everything getting soaked "again". As I contemplate pulling my heavy rain coat out and ride anyways, the the thought of riding 32 miles in the rain at 6am suddenly doesn't appeal to me.  With no showers to clean up at work commuting in the rain is a pain. With my head down and bike in tow I walked back into the house down the stairs put the bike on the rack. There's only one thing left to do...put a pot of coffee on fire up the lap top and sit there staring at bike parts and once more look at the "Transylvania Epic" stage race website. Why, because I signed up, that's why.
If that doesn't give  you a reason to train hard, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment