Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bedford Reservation

Pic from the viewing deck at the Bedford Reservation Monday morning on my commute to work. The sun just starting to peak over the trees. Although is a somewhat hilly 32 mile one way commute, I really enjoy it in the morning when I ride in. I get to see the sun come up, the wildlife starting to wake up. There seems to be more wild turkeys and deer this year than ever. Then there's the occasional
"I'm in love' skunk spraying their fragance all over the woods. That will really get you going.
Now that I have to leave the house before 5am there's less traffic on the roads. Most people are not in a hurry to get to work in the morning. In the afternoon is so much different, the same drivers that give you a lot of room in the morning will buzz you in the afternoon for no reason at all. One thing I'm starting to believe is that most drivers probably believe that they gave you enough room when they actually didn't. Monday I got buzzed by a yellow jeep in the Bedford reservation and when I caught up to her and very politely asked her why she buzzed me when there was no other cars coming from the other direction, she looked at me like I was crazy or something. We didn't argue or anything but she probably thought she gave me plenty of room.
And that's my thought for the day.
Be careful out there and drink plenty of fluids today, mid 90's and humid.





No comments:

Post a Comment