Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mohican part 3

With the weather as nice as it has been I decided last night to go to Mohican again today. This time I "slept in" until 7am when I got up and started getting ready. I really took my time since I wasn't meeting anybody and had a lot of time to waste. Had breakfast a few cups of coffee, read the Plain Dealer and then decided to head out the door. The parking lot had a few cars and more people driving in. By 11am I was hitting the trail. This time all the leaves are down and the trail was covered up to the hubs in some places. The storm that went through on Tuesday took 3 trees down but Ryan Odell was walking the trail doing some light maintenance and I'm sure they'll be cut and moved off the trail soon. The trail is so dry that not even the Tuesday rain did anything to it other than keep the dust down. Had a great ride and maybe I'll make it again next Saturday.
















On to another subject. I took the road single speed and turn it into a 1 x 9 for fall, winter early spring riding.
Before:














NOW:














Sram 12-26 cassette, cannondale carbon fork, shimano 105 parts I had laying around and a 42" chain ring.














1 shifter brake lever and a "retro" brake lever. Haven't hit the road on it yet, but I rode the trainer and the rollers and it shifts great.

No comments:

Post a Comment