Sunday, August 9, 2009

First real hot summer day

Finally we are having a real hot summer day. I'm not complaining I like the way this summer has been not too hot. 90's humid and the heat index at 105% make it a classic summer day.

I'm always good for a smile


I went out for a ride at 1:00 and put in 3 hours in the hottest part of the day. Didn't ride too hard, I didn't want to overheat. I was surprise at how many people were out riding, usually when the really hot weather hits everybody runs indoors and come out in the evening.
The elbow is starting to feel better and look better although it is still swollen.


Tomorrow I'll hit the gym in the morning and ride for one hour in the evening. I need to do some yard work and finish moving all the stuff back in the basement after the new carpet was installed. Talk about the new carpet, one day after it was installed the water tak busted but I had sealed the closet wood frame where the tank is with tar and the water didn't seep out to the carpet, talk about luck.
Friday the "Ho" and I travel to West Virginia for the "Cheat Mountain Ride", 106 miles and 10,000 feet of climbing with a Blue Grass music festival afterwards. I hear BBQ ribs calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment