Friday, May 15, 2009

What a difference

What a difference a day makes. Monday on my ride home from work I had cement legs. Turning the pedals at a decent cadence didn't work and it was actually painful at times. The whole ride home I was looking for something to make the ride better. Needless to say, I never found anything that would have helped me. I even thought about making the call of shame but I'm to stubborn to make a call and have my wife come pick me up. I have called my wife to come pick me up but that's when I'm in a hurry riding home from work, usually at 130th Metropark parking lot. Wednesday I rode to work again and felt ok. The ride home was great, I made it to 130th in the fastest time this year 1:28:30. And that's after doing the 5 intervals I do on my way home and resting in between. The human body is something else, I didn't do anything different or ate anything different. That's just the way it works, sometimes you have it sometimes you don't. If we could only know how our body is going to react during a race...

No comments:

Post a Comment