Saturday, May 23, 2009

The week

The week has been going well. Monday took the day off and only did weights and the spinning class on Tuesday. Wednesday rode to work and felt good in the morning and the afternoon was a totally different ride. All day at work my legs kept getting heavier and heavier as the day went on. To top things off I had a head wind all the way home. Head wind + heavy legs = pain. I felt I had some power but couldn't put it to use. After trying to do an interval I decided to shut it down and limp home. Most of the time is the morning rides to work that hurt and the afternoon ride home is good. Yesterday went out for about 2 hours of easy spinning getting ready for todays race at Mid-Ohio race track, same place as in March. Tomorrow and Monday I'll probably go to Reagan Park in Medina for some mountain biking. Went Thursday and the trails are in perfect shape. From Tuesday on is tapering for the Mohican 100K mtb race on Saturday. Hopefully it'll not rain or it could be a death slog through the mud.
The other races or rides I'm planing on doing are:
Wayne Ultra part of the west Virginia endurance races. June 28th.
Rain Ride ride across Indiana, 160 miles in one day. I did this one in 2006. Top 40 finisher out of 1200. July 18th.
Off road Assault on Mt. Mitchell, NC, 60 miles of mostly climbing. This one is going to be a hard one, specially comming the week after the Rain Ride. July 26th.
Cheat Mountain Challenge in West Virginia, 10,000 feet of climbing in 106 miles. August 15th.
After those I'm looking at a couple other endurance races in September and November. Yes, I'm going to need the whole month of August to recuperate.
Write up and pictures about tonight's race later.

No comments:

Post a Comment