Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Save your alarm

Had a very light sleep and kept waking up last night. I had set the alrm for 4:15am to get up and run for 30 minutes and do core work, but at 4am re-set it for 5:30am and tried to go back to sleep. The alarm goes off, get up, take a shower, get ready and head downstairs, sit at the table to read the daily prayer and take a glance at the stove clock...4:45am. I couldn't believe it, then it dawn on me, when I reset the alarm in my phone, I never saved it. What do I do now? Only one thing to do, changed and went downstairs and did upper body weights an core work. Reminds me of when I used to deliver papers when I was in high school, I used to get up at 4am to deliver 100 paper route on my bike rushing to finish before 6:30. One morning I got up at 2am thinking it was 4am and spent 2 hrs cursing the delivery guy thinking he was late and we almost got into a fight when he finally showed up right on time and I was still thinking he was late. When he made me realize I was a jackass for yelling at him I apologized up and down we had a cup of coffee and went on our merry ways. One thing, after that incident he made sure that if he was running late my papers were the first ones dropped off...wonder why.
Now that I think about it, my route was a long one and I had no headlights, no tail lights and no helmet.
Of course, the traffic back then wasn't what it is today, from a small town of 15 to 20,000 people 30 years ago, to over 50,000 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment