Sunday, December 5, 2010

From a village to a hill City

Today is the day that ended all Christmas decorations. I like Christmas and can get pretty deep into it when you talk decorations. Got up early and headed to the early service at Grace Baptist in Brunswick at 8:30am to hear my wife sing "Oh Holy Night".
I never get tired of listening to her sing, she has a beautiful voice.
Anyways, I got in the mood to start building the village, so I went to Home Depot and bought a 2x4 pc of plywood painted it white and started decorating. Not soon after the first couple of houses where up I came to the conclussion that I needed a bigger area. Back to Lowes this time and bought a 4x8 and had the guys there cut it into a 3x6.
I'm happy now, got home painted it and started setting up the "city" this time. By the way the plywod was purchased and painted Saturday night. Started setting up and looking like this,



From Street level












Then the wife comes home with an idea, no, let me say great idea. She says 'why don't we build layers? Layers it is. Back to Kohls for more "snow" and she shows up with 3 more buildings, wohooo that's the spirit... and the savings account. We had a great time decorating and it turned out like this.





Notice the lighted light poles, we went all out.
I love this time of the year, I do get in the Christmas spirit.
Next year is going to be a full 4x8 plywood, I can see it now. One thing I will NOT do is put those ridiculous antlers on my head, I rather wear a santa hat.

I did get out on the  road single speed for 1.5 hrs of fast spinnin yaterday and today I manage to put in an hr on the trainer of mostly 30 secs. intervals for 40 minutes with 10 min warm up and 10 min cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment