Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sunday in June

Sunday the "Ho" Tom and I went to Burton to ride the Sunday in June ride better known as the horse crap 100 because of the number of road mines that you have to slalom around. This is due to the large Amish community that lives in that area. I took a couple of pictures of the horse buggies but none of them because they don't like to be photograph and since I'm such a nice guy I didn't want to be rude.
We met up with Jim and his friend and started the ride on the yellow loop of aproximately 27 miles. We came back to the start finish refilled the bottles and went out on the orange loop. This loop was about 35 miles and a bit more hillier than the first one. The green loop was about 40 miles and it started out with some really rough roads because of the horses and the grooves on the road from the carriage wheels. After a few miles of that the rest of the roads were great.
In all the "HO" and I finished 100.8 miles in 5:29. We didn't ride hard but didn't have an easy ride either. Jim and his friend came in a little after us.
We changed ate some pasta and headed to Joe's house for some bbq chicken and sausage. But before that it was a dip in the pool and the hot tub. Overall we had a great day of riding the temp was in the 70's and the company was good.
Tomorrow I'm commuting to work and then headed to Columbus for the weekend to visit my son. Next week I'm hoping the weather cooperates and I can ride to work Monday-Wednesday and then Taper andtake it easy until Saturday when I head down to Marietta for the Wayne Ultra mtb race.
Later
























And you know were the mailman can put the bills.



No comments:

Post a Comment