Friday, February 6, 2009

Not much happening lately. Took a few days off to let the steroids do their thing but they didn't. The pain is still there. So, I'm back training full speed ahead. Went x country skiing yesterday at Horse Shoe Pond and ate snow again. Darn turns at a little speed are killing me. I actually went back up the trail twice to do it again until I did the turn. It wasn't pretty but got it done. Arms flailing all over the place trying to keep my balance. I sometimes wonder how I did it back in the 80's when I used to x ski all the time and I could turn. I lead with the body but forget the skis. Oh well, it maybe until next year. I noticed yesterday that it puts to much pressure on my back so I'm not sure I'll be getting back on them for the time being.
I realized today at work that I'm not going to be able to go to Cohutta for the 100km off road race since I'm going Las Vegas to the NAB show, which is one of the biggest broadcast shows in the world. The perks of speaking 3 languages and since I'm the only one at work that speaks spanish and portuguese (not very good but good enough) I'm going. I've gone 9 out of the last ten years and to tell you the truth I spend most of my free time streching and doing calistenics in my room. I've visited every hotel and seen everything you need to see (well almost everything) and since I don't gamble or drink too much I just stay in my room. Gives me a chance to catch up on my reading. Anyway I guess I'll sign up for the Mohican 100k in May here in Ohio. That'll give my back a little more time to get better.
Today I just stayed home instead of going to the gym and hit the trainer at 4:20 am for an hour in zones 2-3 and did my plyometrics and core work right after. Plus another hour tonight and streching which helps my back a lot.
Tomorrow is going to hit 40 so I'm riding outside for at least 3 hours and the same on Sunday. Hopefully the temps will hold in the mid to upper 30's or higher and I'll take my bike to work and just ride for a couple hours after work on Monday and Thursday. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Time to go, It's bed time and I'm getting up early to take the cars to the car wash, is the only time I'm not going to waste my time waiting for my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment