Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why do I ride

I ride because I want to, because I like it, no I love it. You know what I ride because all of these reasons and because I feel like it. Riding a bike whether is with your friends or alone makes you feel like a kid again. I remember the times I rode my bike to the beach with no water no food and only a dollar and a few coins and you know what, I want those times back. No worries, cut offs, tennis shoes and no helmets. That dollar would get you a huge piece of bread with butter or mayo plus and orange Fanta. If you are old enough you remember drinking Fanta or a Dr. Pepper for that matter. By the way I'm not saying I'm old, "just old enough to remember". Just thinking about those times brings a smile to my face, try it sometime, "it does the brain good". When I ride by myself I like to think back in time about life and about the years gone past. A lot of times I catch myself asking "what if". We all have a lot of ifs in our lives but what we've done we've done because God has allowed us to do it whether is good or bad. We have that choice, I'm glad I made the choice to marry my high school sweetheart, she has been a post, a pillar, a cement block you name it and I love you for it. Hey is Valentines week, give me a break OK, I can get romantic from time to time I have a tear in my eye. How did we get here? We were talking about why I ride. Riding never gets old it's like the old saying "you never forget to ride a bike". Ride fast ride slow ride a spinning bike, just ride. Talk about spinning, if you spin and you are reading this don't forget to turn the knob will ya. Watching my classes I can tell who works hard and who doesn't. Believe it or not I've seen people after 45 minutes of spinning leave the class the same way they came in, dry not a drop of sweat. I'll leave it at that don't want to get yelled at and loose my cycling budget.
Anyway, when I ride I try to say hello to anybody on the road whether you are riding a Kmart blue light special bike or a $5,000 bike, sometimes we loose sight of why we are really there and act like snobs. ride slow, ride fast, train easy, train hard just don't forget to have FUN.

1 comment: