Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mission Acomplished

The plan today was for at least 3 hours, mission acomplished. As you can see I did better that 3 hours, 3:45 to be exact. The temps were perfect but it was very windy, I had to hold on tight to my handlebar a couple of times. Started at the top of rideg and the parkway heading down to the valley. Coming down Boston road I had to pedal to keep the momentum going. That tells you how hard it was blowing. As I was taking the first picture the batteries died. With no extra ones in hand I rode down to Peninsula to buy more and the only place that would have them had none. I was left with two choices, 3 miles uphill on 303 to route 8 or 5 miles down Riverview to a small convenience store. I took neither, I rode up Truxell road to Appalachian Outfitters and got my batteries. Came back down and the wind was on my face and I could only push 12-15 miles an hr. Once I hit Riverview and went north I was doing 20 hardly pedaling. Just so you know I was on my mountain bike, it was too wet to take my road bike out and ruin it with the road salt.
Tomorrow is at least another 2 hours hopefully the winds will have calm down.



Horse shoe pond where I like to go x country skiing.












No comments:

Post a Comment