Wednesday, March 9, 2011

nonsense about the weather and more nonsense about anything

Have you ever notice that conversations between outdoor types are all about the weather this time of the year:
-Is it going to be warm enough to ride tonight
-look how carppy it looks outside
-darn is cold
-roads have to much salt on
-the weekend looks good
-the weekend looks carppy
-it's sunny and 40 outside and I'm stuck in here
-I wonder if I can sneak out early (weather related)
-no more "sick" days left (it is still weather realated)
-too wet to ride
-too much snow to ride!
-too muddy to hike
-I don't want to get my new hiking boots muddy
-I don't want to have to clean my bike afterwards

This is the time of the year where we are all sick of the trainer and rolllers and can't wait to get outside.
But, once we get home, some of us I'm not saying all of us and not all the time but sometimes; follow me? we start looking for excuses not to get out and end up on the trainer instead of being outside. That was me yesterday, but I had a good excuse, my wife has been really sick for the last 2 weeks abd even missed 3 or 4 days of work last week. Anyways, warm day, sunny day, dry roads and thoughts of going to Hinckley and do a bunch laps. Get home and my knees feel a little weak, throat doesn't feel right...find excuses not to go out...ended up doing an hr on the trainer. To top that, I got up 20 minutes earlier this morning (4am) and before I did my weight workout put in another half hr on the trainer doing what...watching the weather of course. Which led to calling myself names for not riding yesterday since the rest of the week looks how else but carppy. It seems all the nice days that I could be riding to work fall  on Tuesday or Thursday and I can't ride because I have spinning classes. Man, sure hope I can start commuting to work soon gas prices are killing everybody.
Didn't I tell you it was a lot of nonsense, thanks for reading anyways, if anybody out there cares.

I'm so focused I can't even see my feet, that's how fast I was spinning.


Like my lap top set up? I was watching this.
2011 Montepaschi Strade Bianche

No comments:

Post a Comment