Tuesday, August 28, 2012

last two weeks

Finally, I've had a couple of good weeks of riding. I was able to push myself without much discomfort from my ribs. yes, they still bother me because I never gave them a chance to fully heal and snapped them twice more after I broke them back in February. At this time  I think I'm done with racing for the year. I want to build my sttrenght slowly.
A couple of weeks ago Ken asked me to go with him to Peoria, Illinois for an xterra and I quickly said yes. He suffered a separated shoulder 6 weeks ago and had not been swimming much and wanted to see how the shoulder would respond under pressure before Nationals in Utah. After 8 hrs of driving we made it to the race venue to check it out and first thoughts were" Oh boy". Is either going to be an organized event or the opposite. The swim was to be in a "small lake' theat looked more like a moat around a castle. Surprisingly it was very clean and clam. The bike was on a very tight twisty course with very little room to pass. The run was interesting, it was through an animal preserve were they have bisons, water bufaloes and other exotic animals. in all it turned out to be a very well organized event. Ken finished 13th overall winning his age group by plenty of time, we were actually walking to the car when the second place 55-59 was just coming in from the run. His shoulder was sore but he was happy to be able to do one last race before nationals. Nice job Ken. watching this race almost made me want to start doing tri's again.



No comments:

Post a Comment