Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I forgot

Since I came back from TSE I've been laying low and doing some easy rides at the "new trail" trying to let my ribs heal. The problem is that since I broke them first in February, I have snapped them twice. Once in March and during the Wednesday's stage. I really have never given them a cahnce to heal properly. Specially when the one that keeps snapping is the one that's overlapped. As soon as it starts healing and doing good I start doing hard efforts on the bike when climbing and the pulling on the handlebars is what gets me. Once it snaps the bones grind one on top of the other and what do you know "pain". It's starting to feel good in there. I'll start riding to work next week.
Anyways, about the post title, I forgot how much I loved running. It's been over 3 years since the last time I ran. Last night I couldn't decide whether to ride or stay indoors and do weights. I stayed indoors and to do a quick warm up I jumped on the treadmill for a fast walk. 3 minutes in I found myself running. Ran for 20 minutes and wanted to keep going but didn't want to overdo it since the reason I stopped was that the pounding was taking a toll on my back. This morning I got up and felt good, so who knows, I may start running again and see how the back holds. I was a cross country runner in HS and I miss it. I'm going to the new trail this week and running a couple of miles and see how I feel and take it from there. It would be nice if my body holds and I can run 3 times a week.
Don't forget the gran opening of the "new"trail on Sunday at 11am at the Royalview picnic area.

No comments:

Post a Comment