Friday, November 4, 2011

The week after and gadgets

It's been a week since the bike/car accident and we finally found how the person is doing. Monday evening we were able to pull the accident report off the Brecksville police web-site and his phone was listed. We called but nobody answer and no voicemail came on. Later that evening after the phone rings at it was the phone umber we called, I was in no mood to talk then and let it go to voice mail but no message was left. The next day our insurance advised us not to call again that they would handle it from there. We were glad he was "ok", broken cheek bone, broken hand, chipped tooth and other scrapes and lacerations. Here is a pic of the door jamb he hit with his cheekbone.

*********************************************************************************************
On the other hand I convinced the wife to buy me my Christmas present now, so I got this:
Haven't had a chance to play with it but I'm planning to test it out during the "Red Flannel" ride on Sunday. The last organized ride of the year until the "first ride" of the year on January 1st.
Should be a great day for a ride with temps expected to rise into the mid 50's and sunny.  We have a good size group going. I'm hoping my back doesn't give up during the ride. A few years ago I had a herniated disk and that side has been really sore lately. It is so sore I was planning on riding in to work today with the weather as nice as it is right now and when the alarm went off this morning I had to say no after I had laid everything out last night.
If my back gets better I'm planning on doing this workout 3-4 times a week.

Yes I'm an insane fan. I tell you what, I did the fit test just to try it out and immediately after I  finished I went upstairs and gave my daughter a hug and told her I was very proud of her, she has lost 17lbs doing this workout. It is not easy and I only did 25 minutes.  Hummmm, maybe that's why my back hurts more today that two days ago. I think it'll fit in nicely with my regular workouts since I do a lt of plyometrics in the off season and this is all about plyos and cardio.
The weather is great, get out and ride. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment