Saturday, May 1, 2010

The scene of the crash

I was going to call it the scene of the accident but it just doesn't sound as good as "crash". Hit the trail head at 6:45am and there was a couple riders already on the trail including the rider that helped me up and that gave me a chance to thank him for taking care of me after I fell. Next time we see each other I need to ask you your name. Chuck was already there burning laps on his 29er SS.
I felt a lot of frustration walking the trail not being able to ride it, its in great shape. On my way to the scene I was going through the snake turns and it doesn't mater how dry it is that part of the trail is always slick specially with the morning dew and guess what, I fell. My legs went from under me walking down a short steep bump and what's the first thing that goes out, my left arm. Pain shot through my arm and shoulder as I sat there for a few minutes holding my arm afraid to move it. Once I collected myself I moved my arm and everything seem to be ok. Good test for the shoulder, it showed me that it is strong just like the Ortho said. Got up cleaned up myself and made it to the scene, took a few pictures and as usual a bunch of them came out blurry (new camera today).

My theory was wrong, I thought I clipped a small tree with my handlebar and that threw me off to the left. No, as he would explain (the rider that helped me) I didn't lift my wheels high enough, my front wheel hit the tree and skided off it lost control when I landed and flew into the first tree on the left.




The posse went with me to the scene and quickly wanted to chop the tree and remove it from the trail.
After a few attemps I told them to forget it because it is not up to us to do that. The stupid thing is not even that wide or high. It just shows you that even when you are just cruising you need to pay attention to what you are doing. When we race or ride hard we are always focused on the trail, I didn't take the jump serious enough and I paid for it.



They really wanted to get it out of the way  and I had to drag them away from the place. They care about my well being. I wonder...maybe I should check my bottle of percoset they seemed to be a little to happy.













Remember to stay focused on the trail.
I'm a man of adventure, "stay thirsty my friends" drink Heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment